June 25, 2017
This Morning’s Key Verse: John 4:9 Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, “How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.10 Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”
Children’s Ministry: Joseph Experiences God’s Help
This Week at CCPO
Sunday (June 25):
Tween (ages 11-13) class today – Meeting today. Meet in the sanctuary by the kitchen during the break.
Monday (June 26):
Tuesday (June 27):
Youth Group – 6-8 PM, Studying Galatians
Wednesday (June 28):
Evening Service – 6:30 PM, Studying Proverbs
Thursday (June 29):
Kitsap County Jail Ministry – 6 PM
Men’s Bible Study – 6:30 PM at the church garage
Friday (June 30):
Saturday (July 1):
Initiative 1552 – State law allows men to shower next to girls in public restrooms/showers. I-1552 would reverse this rule and protect our safety and privacy. But if we don’t collect 330,000 signatures of registered WA voters by July 7, 2017, we won’t get a chance to vote on it this November. Initiatives are on the info table for you to take in order to get signatures and for you to sign if you haven’t already. You must be a registered voter (or be registered before July 7) in order to sign.
5-Day Clubs – July 31-Aug. 4. We will again be hosting CEF’s 5-Day Clubs in lieu of Vacation Bible School. This is a wonderful opportunity to minister the gospel to both children that go to our church and others in our neighborhoods. We are looking for several homes to host a club. All the work is done by CEF certified and trained teenagers. The host simply provides a location and a snack (We can help with that). Questions? Contact Jeremy.
Men’s Retreat “Truth in the Time of Tolerance” – July 14-16 at Wilderness Northwest near Brinnon, WA. Cabins, tents and small RV sites available. All meals provided. Cost is $50. Please sign up at the info table.
Wondering what YOU can do for Jesus? Consider volunteering here at CCPO! Questions? Contact Jeremy.
- Children’s Ministry – God could use you to affect children’s lives
- Setup/teardown – We could use a few extra hands
- Church garage needs to be painted and the office could use some touchup. The church is willing to hire an experienced worker.
Looking Ahead –
- Church Picnic & Baptism Service – At the Port Orchard Waterfront Park, Wednesday, August 2nd
- Women’s Retreat “Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow” – Oct 20-21 at the Seabeck Conference Center. Cost is $50 but scholarships may be available.
This Week’s Handouts
- You’ve Got to Be Kidding!, Evolutionists Make Incredible Breakthrough in Scientific Knowledge
- BreakPoint: The Octopus Outsmarts Darwin Again
- Why Did People Live for 900 Years Before the Flood?
- Alien Hunters are Losing it Over This Stone Circle on Mars
CCPO on TV
Sundays, 10 AM
Comcast (Ch. 12) and Wave (Ch. 3)
The Former Shall Not Be Remembered or Come to Mind